Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here's to 2011




2011, what a year. Many things have happened... plenty good, and if I must say, our fair share of bad. Here, as for what I can remember, are the highs (and some lows) of my year

January - I went on a college retreat... little did I know the man of my dreams was on this trip. One of my friends was abducted... and almost killed... We all look at life a little differently now. I started my second semester of graduate school. This was one of the hardest and trying semesters, I thought after my first semester I would have a little know how and things would be easier. Boy, was I wrong, but I worked through it, and I am almost finished!

February - I turned 23, a blah number as I had to leave my favorite number 22 HAHA! And I celebrated working 6 months for UA

March - I was able to celebrate mine and my best friends (belated) birthday's with a beautiful trip to DC for Spring Break. I had so much fun going to work with her, and just hanging out. This was my first time flying alone! What an experience. Without Mary-Anne, I wouldn't have my 'culture' :D



April - the town I have come to know and love was devastated by a deadly and fierce tornado. I went home with, and spent the night with perfect strangers because I was unable to reach my home... Tuscaloosa learned to live again and through many weeks of hard work, we are still fighting. Hunter, a boy I had dated less than a week, drove through the night 5 hours to help with the storm, and to see if his friends and family (and me ;)) were ok. The end of the semester for UA was cancelled... something I had no idea could happen... and we work to rebuild our city every day....

May - Two great friends of mine got MARRIED!! :) And we celebrated one year of being college graduates. Mary Allison and Brandon are GREAT!! I remember rebuilding and cleaning Tuscaloosa and that this was the month that Hunter left for basic training. This is when our fairytale romance began. I have piles of letters from this time... An experience not many get to have... letters as communication, no cell phones, no texting, VERY FEW phone calls. Only letters. Wow.

June - I started my graduate research in late May and early June, it is throughout this month that I would see it almost to completion. My friend Lauren left for Afghanistan.... I am so thankful for her service, and pray continually for her safe return home!



July - I started a summer class, on top of research and work... and this class almost killed me. These were the hardest four weeks of my life, and something I will hopefully never have to do again. It was very different walking back into the walls of the University, after being trapped in a bathroom by the tornado that changed us all... An eerie feeling...

August - I drove to Arkansas, and then Missouri to watch Hunter graduate from basic and AIT. It was an amazing experience, and after 106 days without him, it was a much needed trip, even if just to see his face! We started school again in the fall and the tough times began. Time, money, work, school. But as always, God pulled us through. Praise Him!



September - Football, tailgating, school in full swing. Another dream season for the Tide was beginning.

October - This month... I cooked and couponed a lot. My one test of the semester was Oct 31... and that was scary. This past fall... my grades hinged on very little... just two tests in one class... and only a semester long project in the other. Graduate school was very crazy... and this semester stressed me a lot, but also blessed me. About this time... I also began playing for my church praise band.



November - I won my first EVER contest... by random draw, I got a beautiful necklace! An man who could be my father, blessed me and my sister with a beautiful gift! :) I also got to attend a Chris Tomlin concert with my cousin Tori, and got to meet Chris Tomlin!

December - The semester came to a close, and both Hunter and I ended with great grades. I got an A and a B and Hunter got four A's and one B. :) Go, us and my roommate graduated from UA! During my break, I have been home... and to Hunter's family... and will make another trip at the beginning of the new year. It has been a great, and crazy, break. But... I love my crazy life. My friend Stephanie went to the Mayo Clinic to hopefully find answers to her peculiar disease.... And we are still praying for relief.

Happy New Year!! 
May the year 2012 bless you and bring much happiness and joy to your family.




1 comment:

  1. Aww!! I'm so happy to 'culture' you! ;) hahaha It's always fun to look back on the year to see what God has done in our lives, the good and the bad. The good brings our praise to Him and the bad brings us closer and closer to Him. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us 2012! :) Love you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!