Monday, January 9, 2012

Passion 2012 and back to work

Well... today it is back to the daily grind. I am fortunate to work for the University, so I get a long (1.5 weeks) Christmas break. I think took the week after the New year to attend Passion 2012.

Passion focused this year on the need to free slaves throughout the world. Did you know there are 27 MILLION slaves in the world today? That is more than EVER before. As college students, we gave $2.5 million to the cause of slavery, and overall more than $3 million was given at Passion. Check out what items you use every day that are made by slaves at slaveryfootprint.org.



This sculpture was made and covered with objects all made by slave labor. Join me in praying for their freedom? This sculpture stands as a reminder that Slavery still exists. You can see if yourself outside the Georgia Dome. And, CNN did this wonderful feature on our cause: watch here.

What a CRAZY break. I spent the week of Christmas with my family back home, then spent time bring in the new year with Hunter and his family in their home... then trekked back to Tuscaloosa to leave, yet again to go to Passion.

I was tired, irritable, and seriously didn't want to get back in a car.. but I knew God was blessing me, and would bless me on the trip.

Overall, I traveled 1,400+ miles this break... all in a car. But, it was a good trip, and a great break. I spent the weekend cleaning out and reorganizing my apartment, as well as resting.

I was blessed to hear a beautiful sermon on New years day about having "Kingdom Eyes" changing your passions and perspectives for the world... by view life through "Kingdom Eyes"... what a sermon!!! And what a great way to start the year!

Here's to a beautiful 2012, filled with God's grace and blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!