Thursday, December 8, 2011

Many Thanks: The beginning of Gratitude

Many of my friends post weekly editions of thankfulness. I am going to give it a shot. We all need to be more thankful for what we have, me especially. After a rough two weeks, I need to remind myself that I am so blessed.

Thankful thoughts:
  1. My computer at work being fixed. Yesterday morning, it wouldn't work.. IT took my computer and it was gone all day. I walked into work this morning, and to my surprise, my computer is back and fully updated. As an Apple user, it is neat to explore the new Windows system.
  2. My car is fixed. Yes, it cost me almost $700... money I don't have. But, it was great to wake up this morning and go outside not having to worry about how I was going to make it through the day. Welcome back, car!
  3. My friend Mary-Anne, who is part of the inspiration for this posting. Without chatting with her daily.. I probably wouldn't make it.
  4. Hunter, through it all he drove me around, fussed with me when I fussed and truly cares. He hugs me tight when I cry, he apologizes and will tell me everything is all right.
  5. Thank you notes - have you ever been called irreplacable? Friday morning one of my bosses handed me a thank you card for doing a spreadsheet for him. In there was the sweetest note... and he called me irreplaceable. What a feeling!
Luke 10:38-42
 38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with [q]all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”


The Lord is teaching me to lean on Him, not to worry through the woes of life and the pains of every day. This is not our home, and in that fact we can REJOICE! Things are tough... times are hard... but through it all we can be thankful in the blessings of the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!