Friday, October 28, 2011

I just want to GRADUATE, (again)!

Wow... this week has been a whirlwind.

My advisor here makes me sick, like... when I have to meet with him I have a nervous break down and feel the need to throw up.... sick. He is rude, and never really helpful.

When I went for my final semester of advising I was a NERVOUS WRECK, to say the least. But, I got the classes I wanted, and he actually filled out my graduation paperwork with me. This visit was not without another very uncomfortable conversation about my money and marriage, or lack there of. But, I was happy with my classes, so I left with a smile. It may have been I was just glad to get out of there... Only time would tell.

This was about a month ago. Here I am this week, trying to register for classes and lo and behold... one of the classes I had been advised to take, was no longer being offered. No notice, no warning. Just when I searched for the class to register, it did not exist.

After a whirlwind of emails, to which my advisor never responded, another teacher told me I would have to wait until the summer to take the course and graduate then. I thought, this can't be happening... I have worked so hard... done so much... I emailed a few other people, asking what my options were. I was desparate for answers.

Finally on Wednesday I was emailed with an alternate course to take, after emailing my advisor again, and copying the chair to the email. I thought I was safe! However, when I tried to register for the course, it said I didn't have the prerequisites.

I was frantic. I emailed the professor and after discussing the prerequisites with her, I had more than enough. The prerequisite was statistics... Um, hello? Math major calling!

Again, I thought I was safe. She told me to expect an email from her Office Associate when it was clear for me to register. Upon receipt of the email, she had opened a spot in the wrong class for me. Again, my heart sank.

After a long discussion and a friendly bond created from one office associate to another, the mistake was corrected and yesterday, I finally finished registering for what will be my last semester as a math major! Thankfully, I emailed the graduate school and none of my already processed paperwork has to be redone.. another burden off of my shoulders.

Praise the Lord for His infinite blessings! His hand was definitely all over this situation! Even though it was a bumpy ride, I am going to make it out with my Masters degree!

I honestly can't wait to get out of this math department. It is the source of all my woes during the past two years, mainly due to my poor advisor. I have put in an application for my PhD in Higher Education Administration, and I am still waiting on the results from that and whether I am accepted or not. We shall soon see.. I should get my letter sometime around February 2012. And I look forward to seeing what God has in store. Regardless, beginning in January, I will be putting applications in to schools all over the state. The journey may take a big jump, again. And I can't wait to see what happens.



1 comment:

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!