Monday, September 26, 2011

Unrealistic Fears

I have an unrealistic fear of bugs.. ESPECIALLY roaches.

This morning, I woke up at my usual time (4:30am) and went into the bathroom... I started the water for the shower, and was washing my hands when I noticed something moving. Mind you, I just woke up... I have no contacts in, no glasses on... So if I can see something... it is BIG.

I was freaked, so I ran out of the bathroom, grabbed my glasses and went back in for a look. Sure enough, it was a roach. So I go to the kitchen and grab the roach spray... I was freaking out. I tried spraying the roach, but it just kept running... It ran behind my hand towel and I thought, here is my chance. I grab a shoe, and slam it full force flat on the towel, trying to cover as much as possible to maximize me actually squishing the roach. To my demise, out the roach ran... AHHH!

When I say I have an unrealistic fear, I mean... my mom has recommended I get counseling for how afraid I am. However, I am not doing that... because I know they would just put me in a room with a bug and make me deal. NO WAY!

So, I am trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake my roommates at such an unreasonable hour. But after my two attempts to kill the roach... I just can't take it anymore. I am completely freaking, being hysterical and sweating.. like, sick nasty, rolling down your back you have sweat so much, sweating.

I get my phone and call Hunter... and after explaining what is going on, he comes to my apartment, at 4:45am to kill the roach. Praise the Lord for him! He then cleaned out my bathroom so that I knew it was safe to take a shower, and I then got ready for work.

Praise the Lord for him! Today, I am so thankful. I don't know what I would have done without him being able to come help. Yeah, I know it is sad.. but there are just a few things that I can't handle. Roaches being #1 on my list.

Do you have something you have an unrealistic fear of? How do you deal with bugs when you are home alone?



4 comments:

  1. I think a fear of roaches is not unrealistic. They are scary, huge, won't ever die and chase after you. They do. Regardless of what other people say. I am totally with you on this fear here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid of roaches! But the feel my wrath when they meet me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the sweetest thing ever that he came over and killed the roach for you. Chivalry lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understandable! I'm with Mary-Anne on this one though.....they feel my wrath...I've drowned many roaches in roach spray....even if it means soaking other items in my house that may get in the way! Raid has these awesome propelled raid bottles now....press the button and it shoots out!! it's my favorite....especially since the roaches in my house typically come from the vents in the ceiling....meaning the probability of them falling on me is greater :-/

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!