Thursday, April 14, 2011

My 100th Post

Wow. I can't believe how time has flown... It has been almost a year since I moved to Tuscaloosa and changed my life forever. Many things are different, many people have changed and most of all... I am changed. Praise the Lord for leading me through so much.. Carrying me... holding me... and growing me.

I have been super busy, as always, with school and work.. especially as the semester is coming to a close. I am very excited for things to come in my life and I can't wait to share them with you.

Some lessons I have learned over this year:
  1. Sometimes, you need to be taken out of your comfort zone so that the blessings of God can be poured upon you.
  2. Most friends aren't true friends... there are very few that will stick through it all with you.. and not blame you for being you. It is that true acceptance, and true friendship.. that is worth it all
  3. Coping with loss is tough, things will come your way and things happen every day that reminds you of 'what could have been' However... we each much realize that we are so blessed. God doesn't bless everyone the same... but He blesses everyone equally.
  4. Family, no matter how frustrating... is the greatest gift in the world.
  5. A church home makes even the toughest move bearable. I don't know what I would do without my church.. they make this place home.
  6. Not everything is all you cracked it up to be... and not everything is a small as you write it off to be...
  7. Be still and know, that He is God
  8. God knows just what you need, when you need it.
  9. Answered prayers are so abundant... wow how the Lord has worked.
  10. People aren't always what they seem... but if you take the time to learn to deal with them... you can show them the love of Christ through you.
  11. When you feel hopeless and alone, God is there. And when you take the time to know that He is there... He will heal you.
  12. The Lord will grant you the desires of your heart... it just may not come in a way that you expected it to.
  13. The peace of the Lord comes when it is a God thing.. He will never lead you to disobey his word.
  14. Everything falls into place when you are seeking the Lord and His will first.
  15. Wait patiently, the Lord hears your (and my) cry. WOW! what a message... I love learning to wait on the Lord!
I couldn't imagine being so blessed. God has put my dreams into place.. worked through His plan... is healing me and working in me. I am so thankful for Tuscaloosa, Rodgecrest Baptist and the Univeristy of Alabama. My job, my friends, my church.. everything up here is great. It was defintely hard coming here, uprooting life.. but in the end God knows what He is doing... and I praise Him for it every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!