Friday, June 10, 2011

Phone call!

YES, I said... PHONE CALL!! Last night we were having a blast during the closing ceremony of Bible school. It has been a hectic week, but a great one! The kids have been so cute... and the workers did such a great job! I was helping with audio/visual and was working the sound board each night. Last night, just as I muted the singers and got ready to close things down for the last song, my phone started vibrating. It was a call from a 573 area code... who in the world?? I know no one with that area code... My first instinct is always to not answer when I don't recognize a number... but then it hit me. HUNTER?!? Wait, it can't be Hunter... but, maybe? I picked up the phone and said.. Hello? And, much to my surprise, and my amazement.. Hunter's voice spoke on the other line... I was speechless. LITERALLY. The connection was poor and it was hard to hear him.. but he was there! It was so good to hear his voice! I haven't spoken to him since the week of reception, right after Mary Allison's wedding, a little over a month ago.

We were only able to speak for a few minutes.. and he called his parents for a few minutes too. His mom and I spoke on the phone afterwards, sharing what he had told each of us. Be in prayer for those guys and girls. They need it. Praise the Lord for those willing to give the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

God knows exactly what you need, right when you need it. After a rough week at work and a fun, but exhausting week at Bible school.. hearing Hunter's voice was just the boost I needed to make it another month. I met for the first time with my research professor yesterday... Wow. I am excited, yet overwhelmed. I have a lot to get done... in a short amount of time.. but all my hard work will pay off. This weekend is officially dedicated to research, but that is ok.. I am excited for the opportunities that this will open to me and the experience and learning what I will and can learn from it.

Praise God for His infinite mercy and blessings! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!