Monday, July 5, 2010

Trusting God

I'M LETTING GO


Album: My Paper Heart: Deluxe Edition

Artist: Francesca Battistelli

My heart beats, standing on the edge
But my feet have finally left the ledge

Like an acrobat
There’s no turning back

(Chorus)
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
I’m losing control
Of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace

The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

(Chorus)
Giving in to your gravity
Knowing You are holding me
I’m not afraid

(Chorus)
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
Feels like I’m falling and this is the life for me



This is a song that has really spoken true to my heart lately. A lot of changes have happened and most haven't been what I planned for. My life has taken a completely different direction that what I thought it would but as the song says I'm letting go and I'm letting God be in control. I feel that through this I have come to trust God and His power much more than ever before. 
I went home for the 4th of July weekend and encountered my first I 65 traffic jam... It only delayed my arrival to Troy by a little more than an hour. ;) But with that I was able to spend some much needed time with my friends for one last time. We went to the movies and out to eat, as well as just hung out around the house. Saturday my cousin got married.. and well that was the most interesting wedding I have ever been to. But my best friend Mary Allison got ENGAGED Saturday!! This was surely a pick me up from God as I was definitely exhausted and ready to be back in Tuscaloosa. To me, it is such a relief to see a well deserving couple get engaged... They will be so blessed! Sunday I ended my day watching the fireworks in Troy with Sean, my family, as well as Stacy and her fiance Jared. Today I packed my car and headed back to Tuscaloosa. I am glad to be back in my apartment, but sad to be so far away from my friends. 
The job hunt begins tomorrow! I am applying for many University jobs as well as other jobs that I find around town. I am excited to become a part of life here and I am looking forward to my graduate program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!