Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home

I am going to make the trip back to the parents house tomorrow. My nephew Dustin and his baseball team is playing in a tournament to qualify for the state tournament. It is double elimination, and as of tonight they haven't lost a game. So I am going home to go support him and watch the game. I haven't been to a single game this season, and for that I feel really bad.

I am also excited to be going home because, right now, I am really bored here. I don't have a job or classes to keep me busy.. and then only thing that kept me busy in Troy was hanging out with friends. Since I have no roommates yet, I am basically alone here. But all that will change when my roommates move in, I get a job and start school. I am just a person that likes to be overly busy.. and this after-college-life freedom is really weird to me. ;) But, as my mom says, I am taking advantage of it, because I will never again have nothing to do. After this little stint in graduate school, the real world hits. Part of me is really ready for that. I would love to have a steady job, a home to call my own.. among other things.

In other random news, I am a planner (in case you didn't already know), and planning things makes me UNBELIEVABLY happy. So with that, I have a definite set of rules when picking a planner for the upcoming year. Last year I had a 'Day Runner' planner, and it has by far been the best planner ever! So this year, I of course bought another 'Day Runner' planner... today I copied down all of my July and August engagements and even penciled in a few other things. I love the beauty of a planner and how organized I feel when my day is laid out before me.

However, I do have somewhat of a superstition. I ALWAYS write in my planner with a pencil. Things change, life throws you a curve... and most of all our plan is not always God's plan. So, it may seem a bit odd, but even though I work hard to plan things out I realize that my God is the one who is truly in control and I want him to have full control of changing something, without the added stress of an ugly scribble on my planner. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!