Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dustin and Ali's Birthday

This year on July 12 Dustin turned 14 years old... and his little sister Ali turned 4. Yep... you are seeing correctly. My wonderful sister had both her children on the same day 10 YEARS APART! They are beautiful children, and I just love to spoil them. As I told you previously, I came into town early to go to Dustin's district baseball game. Well, they played two games that night and unfortunately lost.... we didn't leave the ball park until around 11:30pm. It was a very sad ending to a GREAT season. But I had the most fun just spending time watching my niece and nephew, who I really don't get to see enough. Ali is obsessed with cheerleading. She brings her pom poms to each game and stands at the fence yelling, 'Enterprise, Enterprise, we wanna win! We don't like to lose, GOO Enterprise!' I mean, imagine a 3 year old cheering her heart out, throwing pom poms left and right... now, doesn't that make you smile? It does it for me! Ali is also the team's good luck charm. Before each game Dustin calls Ali over and the boys line up to see her. The whole team waits in line to one by one receive a kiss from Ali, and then they are off to play baseball. It was probably one of the most precious things I have ever seen.

Dustin loves Ali so much... and she is his little play-toy and they love each other... It is so cute to see him take care of her, and to see them fuss with each other.

We had dinner at my mother's house to celebrate their birthday's Monday night. After dinner we all went outside to watch Ali and Dustin play with water balloons. Ali just wanted to run around and let Dustin chase her and soak her with balloons, and he didn't resist. We had a blast as Micky and my Dad filled up each balloon and Ali got wetter and wetter. :) Mom had a good time squirting her with water and she loved it as much as we did. When it was time to go we finished off the night with Ali stepping on a balloon to pop it... her little laugh is just captivating. The for the final balloon she sat on one and popped it! Her smile is so big and beautiful... these kids are wonderful.

We didn't get to take any pictures that night and I wish we would have... Ali was soaked from head to toe and smiling ear to ear... and Dustin had a good time too. I can't believe that she'll be going to kindergarten soon, and Dustin will be driving! Look out world! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!