Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blessing abound!

Today I took my Teller assessment at Regions; this is an hour long test that you must complete in order to apply to be a teller. It had customer service questions, questions checking for errors in bank transactions and then math questions. Pretty simple sounding, but they get you on the fact that you have at the most 40 seconds to answer the question. Try calculating interest, adding a deposit and then stating the answer in under 40 seconds. Needless to say, I felt kind of uneasy when I was finished. However, I just kept telling myself, you have a MATH degree, you aced that thing... haha. After me and another lady finished our tests our administrator left the room to grade them. After a while she came back in and said that we both passed. She discussed employment with Regions and our options before taking us each out individually to discuss job opportunities. My main concern was being in graduate school and would they work around my hours. After discussing for a while my schedule options and where I would like to work, I left the bank with little hope of a job.

On the way home I called my mom and told her what the lady had told me, and that she said I had a slim chance of getting a job. I felt defeated, but my mom assured me that the job I was supposed to have would work out. So, I went back to my apartment and started thinking of what I wanted for lunch. I was in the kitchen making my lunch when my phone rang, it was a Tuscaloosa number, and it was a Regions representative!! She was speaking very quickly and said she was swamped today, but could I come in for an interview TOMORROW!! I am so excited to have this opportunity and I hope that they can work with my classes for the job.

I already have an interview set with the University of Alabama department of building maintenance to be their office associate. This interview is at 8am tomorrow, so I scheduled my Regions interview for 11am tomorrow. I am so excited, after so many 'no's' God has so richly blessed me with three interviews this week! I am hoping to be offered a job tomorrow, but that would be in a perfect world.

God's timing is so perfect. I had gotten so discouraged job hunting, and I told my mom that I was coming home next week to just stay until classes got started. But, just in God's time, He has opened up new hope for me. God knows exactly what you need exactly when you need it. He is so amazing, and I am so thankful! Praying for great interviews tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got a teller job about 3 years and i'm still at the same company. It was a good job and has already opened up new opportunities for me. I just wanted to wish you good luck in everything that's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!