Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Women vs. Electronics and other random thoughts...

You might be thinking, where on earth is this going? Haha well, a few guys have said to me on multiple occasions, 'Your kind, and I mean women, can really analyze something and put it together.' Most of the time I agree with this. However being a math major I pride myself on being overly analytical.

So, in the case of electronics setting up game systems, computers, wireless networks, TVs etc. But as a child I was one of three girls... and I was the one who set up the game consoles and everything electronic for my nephew growing up. This week I prevailed yet again for the females! I set up my TV yesterday, and today I set up a wireless network for my apartment, and locked it so that no unwanted people can get into it.

These may seem like small tasks, but I am very proud of myself.

As a random side note I cooked my first dinner in my apartment tonight. I made a homemade pizza and of course paired it with Cherry coke! ;) I am really bored here right now and spend a lot of time watching TV and playing online. I have applied for six University jobs and hope to hear something from them soon. Tomorrow I am going out with a friend from home so that he can show me some valuable shortcuts around town. I am very thankful for the three ZC alumni here in town.

I supposedly have two roommates as of right now. They will be moving out at the end of July and then I will get my actual roommates for the year. However, I have only seen one girl, and I believe the other has already moved out... but I don't know. She keeps to herself, really doesn't talk much and stays in her room 24/7... I am thinking that the situation before me wasn't a very friendly one. I am looking forward to hopefully breaking ground with this girl and at least being able to say more than hi before she moves out. But at the same time I am excited to get new roommates and establish a good relationship with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!