Monday, June 28, 2010

My humble abode

The past few days after camp have been filled with nothing but packing. I am thankful for all of the friends that have helped me go through, throw out, organize and pack up my house!! I have gotten many boxes put away and a few to take with my Wednesday when I make the big move. :) I have been busy throwing out as much junk as I can. A girl can collect a lot of stuff in 4 years of college! And I am separating things into piles to take with me and piles to send to my mom and dad's for safekeeping. (aka this lovely picture to the right)

Today Donna and I finished switching all of the bills into her name and things are coming quickly now. It all won't be real until I actually stay in my apartment on Wednesday night... and then move in for good the following Monday, after all I must come home for a wedding and the 4th!

Funny things begin to happen now... like the fact that I have lived on a dirt road for three years, and when I get home from APAC I find a partially paved road. They are working on it as I type! I am excited to see that the place is getting a few much needed upgrades but also saddened that I cannot stay to enjoy them. But it is all a part of my journey. I have my football tickets purchased and I am working on updating my resume so that I can start applying for jobs. I am taking a few skills tests required by most University jobs on Thursday and then I can start submitting applications. I hope that I find a great job that is flexible with my schedule. I have an idea of a job... just a fun thing that will help me out a little bit here and there.. but that will be another blog if God so leads.



Here are a few pictures of the construction going on outside. I know it may seem silly... but this is a monumental occasion. :) I am excited about less dirt and no washed out driveways that this road paving will give to Donna. 

But alas, I must go and continue to pack. I am almost finished I think. And I am excited for the opportunities God is giving me. His blessings continue to abound....  for God is good, ALL the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!