Thursday, March 31, 2011

Things that make me super happy

Here are details of a few things that have really made me happy lately, and the details of my second CVS trip!

Some of you may have heard of the 5 Love Languages study. It is an amazing study that helps you to better respond to others and helps you to grow the relationships, friendships and work relationships. When you know what someones love language is, or the way that makes them feel loved, you can then tailor your responses to them so that they can feel loved. The five love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. Take the quiz to find out what your love language is HERE. You can have multiple love languages but most people have a dominant one. Mine is words of affirmation... so... here goes. I did this study when I was about to be a freshman in college with my college career class at church back home... If my down home country church can do this.. so can you! :) It was very beneficial and I have learned so much!
  • I got a text from one of my adopted little sisters in SAI.. and it said 'You are the sister I strive to be' WOW... my heart swelled with joy and my eyes filled with tears.. it means so much to be looked up to.
  • Last week I was having a TERRIBLE week. God spoke to me through my boss Neal when he walked up to my desk high-fived me and said 'We've almost made it through another week!' Oh, how I needed that. God was saying, yes, it's been tough, but it's almost over; and you are not alone!
  • Just yesterday I was copying some papers I knew Clint, my associate manager, always copied for the weekly meeting. Since time was getting close for the start of the meeting, I just went ahead and grabbed the papers off the printer and started making copies. When Clint came into the office he said 'Are you copying my papers for me?' When I responded yes, he then went on to say, 'You know, you and me, we make a great team.. I put things on your desk and stuff gets DONE!' That made me so happy... we continued to talk throughout the day and each conversation was filled with compliments. God knows exactly what you need!
  • At work, we have a lot of guys trying to get a lot done. And on Tuesday I actually had someone wait in line to speak to me and get me to help them! It felt good that they were willing to wait in order to have my attention... I just love helping my guys.
Many things like this make my heart soar! These are just some recent examples of how God continues to bless each and every need, EVERY day! God knows exactly what we are going through and just what we need to make it through. How awestruck I am at His love for me. AMAZING!

My recent CVS trip was to buy band-aids and medicine. I had some coupons for band-aids and with your purchase of band-aids you got $5 extra care bucks (ECB). Also, I haven't slept since Sunday night... CVS had Advil PM on sale, and when I walked in the store there was a 'peelie', a coupon you peel off of the box to use, for $2.00!! I also used a $2.00 off coupon for my band-aids and $2.50 in ECBs that I had earned on my previous trip! It felt great saving money, and getting things I needed! I tried out the Advil PM last night... I am very leery of sleep aids.. So I only took half of the recommended dosage. I finally was able to sleep last night... and the glory all goes to God!! I am so thankful for the few hours of sleep I actually got, and so thankful that I don't have to spend day number four falling asleep in class or at my desk! Praise be to the Lord on high!

1 comment:

  1. I, too hate sleep aids! There is a natural herb/vitamin called melatonin. It is 100% natural and i get it from dollar general :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!