Monday, March 7, 2011

America

So many times you hear the fact that MEN are better at math than WOMEN. Studies have proved this fact, and honestly that doesn't bother me. The fact that I am one of FIVE women in the Math program here at Alabama doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the fact that I am getting an American education, taught by a Chinese professor, who looks down on me because not only am I American, but I am also female.

It is so sad that some people must limit themselves by stereotypes and judging others. Well you know what, I was raised to learn, to study, to do my best. Not to cheat my way through and make a computer do all my work for me. I can't wait for this professor to see my A at the end of the term with the Chinese students. I work hard, if not harder than anyone in my classes. And I am the only one in there that works full time.

I am not going to let the fact that I am a woman in a male dominated field mess me up. You don't intimidate me, and I can't wait to have my A alongside those you think so richly deserve it. Thank you, I have earned it and I can rest assured with the fact that my grade is based on integrity and hard work, that is enough for me.

1 comment:

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!