Monday, March 28, 2011

First Publix Trip

Today I made my first trip to Publix. I looked over the weekly sales add and searched for coupons online. It didn't take much time at all. Many things that I needed were on sale.. and I was able to find a coupon for them. This way, I saved more money. I am pretty excited about my first couponing trip. Some people I know are ashamed or embarrassed to use a coupon; however, I can say the savings is worth you getting over yourself! I was so excited. I didn't do any pre-calculation, so my total and total savings was a total surprise.. which made it fun too!


I was able to purchase produce (strawberries and grapes), cheese, trash bags, Clorox wipes, crackers and snacks for work, canned goods and dinner rolls. I got a total of 20 items... and paid only a little over a dollar, on average, for each item. Look at all that good stuff! I am so excited about getting started using coupons. I mean, think about it.. this purchase took very little planning and I didn't really know what I was doing... So, when I know what I am doing think of how GREAT it will be! 



Here is the coupon portion of my receipt... just look at what I saved: $27.77!!! I also was able to get coupons called 'peelies' you peel them off the items you are buying.. so I gained another $1.60 in coupons on my trip! In my first trip I spent only $5.22 shy of my savings. I can't wait to save just as much or more than I spend! And all this.. for groceries I already needed! Nothing in excess or that will go wasted or unused. Hooray couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!