Tuesday, July 10, 2012

'You don't know me'

Recently I have had varying comments on my capabilities of a teacher... whether it be that I was too nice... that I was too small or anything of that nature. It greatly upset me that so many people felt that I was unable to control a classroom and lead a group of students.

However, I am here to tell you that size, stature, nor level of anger matter in a classroom. I personally believe that I can be nice to those around me, yet still be able to have control and be in charge of a classroom. Mean people make mean teachers... you don't want your child's teacher just being rude.. You want your child to learn.

I have only lived here for two years, and frankly I just have to say the people don't know me well enough to judge my abilities as a teacher. My life before this was deeply rooted in teaching, and even though now I have been in an office for two years, I don't think I have completely lost sight of my goal.

People are so judgemental, and may even judge without the facts. I am sad to leave my job, but excited for what lies ahead. May each of your eyes be opened, and may your hearts be softened to those around you... rudeness or what you feel is blatant 'honesty' is never necessary.



1 comment:

  1. Keri, God has placed this desire to touch lives in your heart for a reason, and I have no doubt that you are going to be an amazing teacher. Every parent prays for their children to have a compassionate teacher like you, and I just know you are going to be a favorite among the students and the parents!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!