Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Despite being terribly sick, I had one of the most fabulous birthday weekends!

Friday: I am so blessed that at my job, I get a day off for my birthday! :) So Friday, the University of Alabama gave me... 'A day in the life of a regular college student' HAHA! I woke up at 8am, got ready for class, packed for home, went to Starbucks, took some pastries to work for the office staff, then went to class and as soon as I got out of class, I grabbed some lunch and went home!! How amazing is that!?

Small side note: While I was visiting work, Neal, my boss, called me into his office and spoke to me about my job family - aka, the step ladder of promotions to go through. As of February 23, I have been working for Building Maintenance for six months! Wow how time has flown! And now that six months has passed.... I am eligible for promotion. And Neal told me that I was doing a great job, and that I deserved more money for it!! So, with that, he asked me to get started Monday on the process to my promotion... and ended with happy birthday and have a great weekend!! What a way to start my birthday weekend!

God is so GOOD!

Friday afternoon I arrived in Troy and visited Donna and her lovely puppy, Palin. :) Afterwards I met Daniel and Sean at the Troy rec fields, where Sean was giving a soccer lesson. Turned out the kid he was teaching went to Zion at one point, and I helped teach him in sixth grade beginner band!! What a fun reunion. After that I took a hilarious trip to walmart with my guys, Sean, Daniel and Derrick. Then the festivities began. The boys surprised me with a wonderful cookout and a guest list contained with some of my greatest friends! Even one that I haven't seen in forever, Charity and her husband Tyler! What a surprise! They also surprised me with a cake and limited my involvement in cooking. I truly know the best boys on earth!

Donna and Ali playing with Palin :)
Saturday: I was able to have a wonderful 'sleep over' with my niece Ali. We woke up early Saturday morning, played games and decorated posters for Dustin's (my nephew) ballgame. It was great to just hang out with her. Mom also took care of me while I was sick, and Beverly, my sister, brought me some medicine. We went to Dustin's ballgame, hung our posters on the fence and had a great time cheering Enterprise to victory! 

Dustin and Ali with his posters!
Saturday night Beverly's family came over and Mom cooked a birthday dinner made of all mine and Donna's requests! :) We also had a peanut butter pie for dessert! Dustin and one of his baseball pals found two balloons and came screaming 'Happy birthday' down the road. I thought it was so sweet that they thought of us. Donna and I opened our presents  after dinner, much to Ali's excitement. And then the night came to a close. 

Sunday: Mom declared me too sick to go to church and we hung out around the house, holding a hot rag to my face and playing on Mom's kindle. I traveled back to Tuscaloosa this afternoon and have been doing a few things around the apartment. I love my family and friends, and I thank them for a wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!