Thursday, February 17, 2011

Desire HIM

Last night at church Beckey brought a special message to us from Hosea. Hosea is a story that parallels God's relationship with Israel at the time. It is an interesting account of God working for the good of His kingdom over what someone would feel is best for them, personally.

In a relationship there is also a ratio of give and take, some people are givers and some are takers. In a good relationship each person assumes a little of each characteristic, therefore balancing out the relationship. Our relationship with Christ is definitely 'give and take'. In no way would we be EVER be able to give more than what God has already given for us and will give to us. WOW, what a merciful and amazing God. I believe that we as Christians strive daily to give back to God. And He welcomes all that we have for him. The offering of our lives, hearts and minds is so beautiful to Him. I am so grateful that no matter what, God will keep loving me, and keep blessing me.

Beckey asked us if we had ever had any relationships... be it friendships, romantic relationships or family relationships that were representative of this 'give and take' situation and described a friend who only wanted to talk when it was convenient for her, but when Beckey wasn't available at that time it was 'Beckey's fault' and she was the one who was too busy to be a good friend. I think we all have had relationships like this and I am thankful to say that God can free you from those relationships.

We must remember that as humans we often times fall to fleshly or worldly desires, thoughts and/or actions. These things hinder our relationship with others, and our relationship with God. I pray that we would all learn to become givers, and not because we feel obligated. But a giver out of the desire of our heart. God doesn't want your love because you feel you MUST give it to Him. God doesn't want you to go to church because you feel you MUST go. God doesn't want you to read your devotion every day because you feel that you have to or because you want the glory and praise from the people at church. Those who pray and worship in secret will be rewarded in heaven. Those who boast of their Christianity have received their reward already. I don't know about you, but I am striving for that heavenly reward, I would much rather have the love of Jesus than the love of humans. God wants each of us to desire to meet with Him, love Him and give to Him. I pray every day that he creates a steadfast desire in me and that I would thirst for Him alone. I pray each of these blessings for you as well and I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!