Saturday, February 5, 2011

A post Jackie-Eats would be proud of... :)

As many of you know, I love to cook. My friend Jackie has a wonderful blog of her culinary adventures. And she posts some pretty great recipes! Now, I usually don't have much time to cook these days, so anything quick and easy, or just pop in the oven and go is really helpful!

Jackie blogged about how to use up potatoes that you don't know what to do with and I made my own version of these yummy steak fries!


I cut and cooked my steak fries as Jackie recommended. See her version here at Jackie-Eats! But I seasoned mine a little differently. I coated my fries in salt and a tiny bit of black pepper, then I covered them in Cayenne pepper. I love, love, love spicy things! They were so great! And, if you needed to cool them off a little, they were great dipped in some ranch as well! My roommates enjoyed! 

Another quick and easy thing I love to make was inspired by a bunch of friends from Enterprise. Visiting some mission trip friends, their mother made us a dinner I will never forget. This dinner has become a tradition in mine and Sean's circle of friends! It is making homemade calzones and cheese sticks! YUM! However, this is more of a crowd/family fun meal, so in search of a yummy substitute I started making homemade pizza! You can top it however you like, bake it up and what a great meal! Here is a picture of my latest pizza creation:

This time I topped my pizza with cheeses, bell peppers, banana peppers, and of course used pizza sauce! I have been using a crust that you have to mix and roll out yourself, note the imperfect circle... :) So I am thinking of experimenting with different crusts in the near future! 

I love to eat, I love to cook. Stop by sometime and I would love to cook for you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!