Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sticks and Stones

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.


"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." This is something often stated... yet so untrue in the lives of many. In recent conversations with my study buddy about life things, make-up things, and appearance things... God has revealed a few things to me.

When I was younger, I used to wear my hair up or half up in various ways. However, once, just ONCE, someone told me that the way I was wearing my hair was very 'un-becoming', from that day forward the only time I wore my hair up was to play sports or be in the band. Another example, I used to have a pair of earrings that I wore every day... until my mom told me one day that the earrings I was wearing shouldn't have been worn with the outfit I had on.

Now, I am not saying that every person is just like me.. PRAISE GOD they aren't! But so many people don't watch what they say before they say it... or they think they are helping someone out by saying something to them.. In reality, you have no idea how YOUR WORDS might affect someone. Until you truly know that person and have make a trust relationship with that person, you must be careful how you build up or cut down that person.

James 3 is a powerful passage on 'Taming the Tongue' I encourage each of you to read it. So many times I don't think before I speak, and that is evidenced by how quickly I talk. I, among many others, too deeply value the opinion of others. And that has manifested itself throughout my life. God has shown me that what others think doesn't really matter, that it is only Him that I should be comparing myself to. Help yourself and those around you. The tongue is a harsh weapon... Use it wisely. Build up others, don't focus on tearing people down. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 says 'Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."

Psalm 45:11
"And the king will desire your beauty. Bow down to him, for he is your Lord.


To God you are beautiful, magical, and highly desired. He is all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!