Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Even if you don't like Valentine's or share it with a specific someone I hope you were blessed in the beauty of the day! Valentine's day has always meant something different for my family, it is after all, my oldest sister's birthday. :)

I know a lot of people, even couples, who refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day and many of their reasons stems from 'Why should I be forced to show affection for someone when I should show it to them everyday?' I ask you these simple questions: Do you celebrate the birth of your Saviour every day? Do you celebrate the fact that He rose from the grave every day? Hah, some of you are thinking, 'Why of course I do' but you DON'T.

I took the time this Valentine's to sit back and watch how others reacted. Most people were extra jovial and kind on Valentine's day. Valentine's day is one of the few days you can be nice to a perfect stranger and them actually welcome it! Our world is fast paced, me, me, me, try to get ahead environment. We are no longer social beings but mechanical workers for the so called prize of 'success'. I received two very unexpected cards on Valentine's day, and I have to say, it made my day. Yeah, most don't need an excuse to show affection or compassion, but what does it hurt for one day out of every year to be extra special? You wouldn't blow off your birthday or wedding anniversary, now would you?

Love the Lord, your God with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. The greatest commandment is love. I hope that everyone that I come into contact with each day sees the love of Christ through me.

1 comment:

  1. I am afraid you may be reading my blog out of context. I am not saying that Valentine's is the ONLY day that should be special, it is just nice to have that extra random day of 'special'. In no way would I suggest for Valentine's or any other holiday/memorable day to replace each other; only to complement and work with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!