Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back in the Swing...

This weekend I was fortunate enough to help some recent graduates from the college group at my church move into their new apartment in Birmingham. It is amazing to see how God worked so perfectly in their lives. Longing to stay in Tuscaloosa, neither could find a job here or in the Birmingham area upon graduation... So they moved back to her home of Montgomery, where she was able to find a job. However, he was still unable to find a job, and greatly struggled with this fact. It all goes to show you that God's timing is perfect. She applied for and received a wonderful job at UAB and he was able to find a great job in the Birmingham area as well. Praise be to the Lord!

We were able to bring all of their stuff from Montgomery, and with the help of family and a few people from the college group get them completely moved into and set up in their new apartment. I was honestly impressed with us! And it was so nice to leave there knowing that they didn't have weeks of unpacking to deal with.

Afterwards we went to PF Changs to celebrate. I had never been to PF Changs, and if you ask my friend Daniel, everything is amazing. And, it truly was. It was a fun experience with the group and it was a great time of fellowship. I then stayed in Birmingham with Tori and visited a church with her that she was interested in attending... It was a little too big for our taste, but I know God will bless her desire to be in His house.




Newest challenge for this semester: Remember the Couch to 5k last semester? Well this semester the Wellness initiative at UA is called 'Strive for Five,' and I was chosen by my boss to be the coordinator for the entire shop. Here's a small flyer to briefly explain Strive for Five.



My couch to 5K team has now dubbed ourselves the 'High Maintenance' team and we have picked out drink and move to be our two challenges to complete. I am also trying to learn to eat healthier by incorporating more fruit/vegetables into my diet... It is amazing when you actually think about these things.. the stuff that you will notice.

Now, if you know me, you know I hate water. So drinking 40 ounces of water a day has been, well.. tough. But Monday I got out my Nalgene bottle (32 oz) and filled it up... then flavored my water with Crystal Lite. From my first sip at 6am until my last at 2:30pm I literally felt like I was drowning in water... swimming, floating even. Yes, I am ashamed to say, it took me 8 hours to drink five eight ounce glasses of water....

Tuesday was a better story, I worked hard and finished my 40 ounces by 1:30pm. And I think an hour of improvement is pretty great. HAHA. I always have to take joy in the small things. ;) So today is another challenge. I am trying plain water today... and we are going to see how far it goes. This will be my daily tasks to add for this semester....

Other than all of this... life is back in the swing. The semester has started, tests are scheduled, and homework is due. I am once again spending my days working and going to class and my nights studying. It all seems a little calmer this semester, just a little bit.. But that is because now I know what to expect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!