Monday, August 2, 2010

Stress and Sugar

I have decided to stay with my parents through the week and have really been enjoying my time at home. I helped mom clean today and we cooked meringue shells yesterday. I had recently been watching food network and saw a lady cook meringue shells; so I asked my mom if we could try to make them. Sure enough, when I got home this weekend mom had bought the ingredients and gotten a recipe from my aunt. I have been having cooking withdrawals this summer. I love, love, LOVE to cook and since being in my apartment I haven't really had the opportunity to cook much of anything yet. So I was really excited about mine and my mom's newfound culinary adventure. After almost three hours the meringues were done... they are a slow and steady process, taking patience and care.

And, here is the end result.....


They were amazing!! We topped them with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate. YUM! I then drove to Troy to deliver Donna a few treats. I just couldn't wait to share my little goodies. :) She of course shared some of her's with Dr. Blackstock, who in turn, when asked what they were made of said, 'It doesn't matter what they are made of, they could be made of elephant dung and it doesn't matter! They're good!' I was very pleased that my treats went over so well. 

I continued in my travels through Troy and was able to stop and see my friend Courtney's new house. She is teaching Math at my high school this year and I am really excited for her! I hope she loves it. I am also excited in a selfish way, because I know that she will be close to me throughout this year, and I know she will be great for ZC. 

After that I went to see Sean and tried to see Elana and Joshua. However, when Sean and I tried to leave for dinner I tripped down the stairs and onto the concrete stepping stones. Sean thankfully caught me before I completely hit the ground, so only my big toe is truly messed up. I will spare you the details, I was just thankful for Sean being there. He carried me inside and took good care of me. He used peroxide to clean my wound and then Elana came over and brought neosporin and bandaids to help bandage me up.

Today, has been a crazy day to say the least. I have next to no cell service at my parents house. I have been waiting on a call back about my job interview from next week. And right before lunch, I got a call from another department for an interview. And of course, after lunch, I got the call from Mr. Deshara about the office job. He wants to hire me!!!! I explained to him about my interview Wednesday, and he said that it was ok to call him after my interview on Wednesday. I hope that he still wants me Wednesday. I really want either of these jobs. 

Prayers and hopes that all goes well these next few days and that I have a definite answer at the end of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!