Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011!! 2010 will definitely be a year that I will not soon forget as I continue my journey into the 'real world' of life after college graduation.

A few blessings from 2010

  • I experienced friendship like never before, I learned who my true friends were and spend the time of my life making memories with them my senior year of college
  • I was able to have a life changing experience by interning/teaching at Pike County High School... the lessons that I learned and the friend that I have gained.. the trails that we both went through that semester and the struggle that still carries on is something that has truly changed me, forever.
  • On the same token, I have loved and lost, and also seen what it was like for someone so young and so dear be diagnosed with cancer, and two months later, lose the battle that would ultimately break a young girl's heart. 
  • I experienced the 'real world' of moving to a completely new city, knowing absolutely no one and nothing
  • I have found a church, a place to worship and call my home
  • I found an amazing job... I honestly never thought my job throughout graduate school would be so AMAZING! 
  • Did I mention, I went to graduate school?! Haha, a concept that I had only dreamed of came true in shocking fashion! After setting up interviews with around six school systems I ended my job search to pick up my life and move. Tuscaloosa has become my home, and God has so richly blessed His path for me.
  • I ventured out and have now tried out two, very different, hairstyles and love the joys of growing up and becoming my own person.
  • I watched a friend lose her true love to cancer, another friend have a dangerous surgery hoping that she might one day be able to live a normal life, a friend lose his job, and another friend struggle to find a job... But, with all this hardship and heartache God is still in control and is continuing to work in the lives of these people.
  • I am learning to trust God more and more each day... After all, my life has been turned upside down this year... But God's ways are not our ways, and I firmly believe, when we make plans, God has a good laugh; because in the end, He's got it all taken care of.
  • I ALMOST FORGOT!! I ran, yes, ran, a 5K!! Talk about something I never even thought about doing... and loved it!
I, and my coworkers, have been so blessed to have a week off from my job. I was able to come home on the 23rd and I will return to Tuscaloosa tomorrow to go back to work on Monday. Having this time to spend with my family and catch up with a few old friends has been wonderful! I have even slept until 7:30am most days!! (I know, I lead a sad, sad, life! haha) Sleeping in, reading a good book, just spending time at home with my family and visiting my friends has made this Christmas vacation one of the best. The new year has already started with a wonderful Crimson Tide Bowl victory with a school record and a BCS record being set. ROLL TIDE!

I am excited to see what God has in store for 2011, and I am praying that each of you are richly blessed. May God bless you and keep you.. you are a wonderful creation of His! Seek His will diligently and daily, and above all, choose to spend some extra time this year with your Father... after all, He longs to be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!