Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goals meeting

Today was my first 'Goals Meeting' at work. Each of the managers and office staff met with out boss on an individual basis to discuss our goals for the job. Since I am a fairly new employee, I do not have a file or any paperwork yet. So my meeting started off with, 'Your meeting is a little different because you are new... and I don't have a file for you.." and ended with, "Will you make yourself a file for me?" HAHA! I love my job! 


I thought it was amazing how much my boss values our opinions and wanted to hear our goals and discuss our jobs and our job satisfaction. I was nice to be able to tell him what I wanted to accomplish and to see what he had in mind for me. I am so lucky to have my job, and to be so highly appreciated. I am continually encouraged and commended for my work. And I know that doesn't happen everywhere. Now, with that being said, my job has had its bad moments... and all jobs will. I just know that I am lucky to have it as good as I have got it! Today my boss told me that I was 'a fantastic hire' and that I should consider becoming a 'CFO'. I am so proud to be a part of an organization that will listen to my goals and what I want to do in life, and that the management encourages me to reach for the stars! 




Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!