Monday, January 3, 2011

My first book review

I decided that over the break I would rekindle my love for reading... After starting college and becoming so busy I have seldom been able to just sit down and read a book. So, while I was on my week long break from my job, I decided that I was going to not only read, but finish some books I have been able to start.

Twentysomething girl has been the first book on my list of many! The book is letters and biblical truths on moving into the real world. The book gives accounts of what women wish they had known before entering the 'real world' and things that they thought they had 'done right' upon entering the 'real world'. It is a book that can just be read outright, or read in chapters for a more devotional format. I did the later and loved it! Each chapter focuses on a different issue when coming into the real world. Issues such as job hunting, relationships and moving to a new town are all discussed and backed with Bible verses to support.

Twentysomething girl is an easy read with many letters from women across the country in all different walks of life. This book first sparked my interest because it is written and compiled by a lady who resides in Birmingham, AL and many of the letters are from girls who grew up in Alabama.


This is a book that I plan on purchasing for all my girlfriends who will soon be graduating from college. It is an amazing inspiration and encourager for entering into the 'real world'.  In a time full of change I feel that anyone could use a good pick me up and know that they are not alone. 


One of my favorite quotes from the book is: "The only thing that has been a constant in my life since graduation is change." How true this is!!! I hope and pray that every young woman, and man, seek first the kingdom of God in their new adventure into the fast paced crazy life of the 'real world'.







2 comments:

  1. I just ordered mine off of Amazon, it came in today!! I tried getting it at Lifeway, but they told me it was out of print :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie the book is a little older.. however, the truths in it still ring true today! As God's word is unfailing and unchanging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!