Saturday, January 22, 2011

A 'greener' UA

I am so fortunate to work, live, and play at UA. What a great place. I have honestly come to believe that this is God's country. :)

However, I was surprised when I got here how easy it was to recycle. Recycling bins are literally ALL OVER campus, with multiple bins in all locations. Alabama even boasts a recycling project for tailgaters on the quad during game days. UA makes recycling EASY!

Recently while cleaning out my office, I was able to recycle years of paperwork, rather than throwing it all away. It is helpful that we do have a strong recycling department, and they were able to come over and pick up everything I had. Also, a manager and myself also have specified places at our desks for recycling. Our jobs involve a lot of paperwork, and any time I can put a piece of paper into my recycling pile it gives me a sense of satisfaction. Even all our shredded material gets picked up by the recyclers! :)

This is my recycling stack on my back desk!
Yes, I have two desks at work. It provides all the space and storage I need, and a perfect out of the way place to recycle! I usually take my stack out once to twice a week. As far as me and recycling goes... EVERY little bit helps.

Alabama is working hard to promote recycling, even through graduation. Read this article about how UA saved over 23,000 plastic bottles from landfills, just by hosting the December graduation.  Check out UA's 'green' commencement regalia!

ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!