Monday, January 17, 2011

Quiche

Last week I was able to cook a lot more than usual, and that makes me happy. I explained to a few of my friends back home that the thing I miss the most is cooking for 12 people every week. Funny story, they said they missed it too! :) So glad my cooking is appreciated.

So, my mom always cooks quiche for Christmas holidays... and quiche is something I love. It is just about the only way that I will eat eggs. I just cannot stand the texture of eggs... so, yeah, I don't eat them.

So... quiche is something that you can throw a bunch of ingredients in... just whatever you like! I chose to put ham, cheese, and fresh bell pepper in mine. This picture is before baking, just so you can see all of the ingredients. I layered mine and then poured the wet ingredients over the top... However, I do feel that it would work if you mixed all ingredients together and poured into the pan.


It is easy and I was actually able to just put together what I had and it turned out to be a great meal. I love easy comfort food. I love trying new recipes, and I love to call on my ultimate cookbook, my mom. She can just throw stuff in a pot and it turns out to be great... This was my first time making quiche and I was so happy with how it turned out. Now, quiche may seem like girlie food, and maybe it is. But I believe that this is great as any meal, from breakfast to dinner. Just choose hearty ingredients or light ones depending on your mood and time of day. 

Cooking truly one of my favorite things to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!