Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Milestone

Today on my travels back to Tuscaloosa I found myself approaching a certain milestone. My lovely car has been in my possession since about halfway through my freshman year of college, and today January 2, 2011 about sixty miles outside of Tuscaloosa, my car hit the 100,000 mile mark. Silly isn't it? But I have put a lot of miles on my little car.. and it has a lot of memories under those tires. So, as minuscule as it may seem, this meant a lot to me, and I took a picture for all of you to see!


My return to Tuscaloosa was bittersweet. I had a wonderful time with my family this Christmas break and one week just didn't seem long enough. However, I am here with clothes washed and halfway unpacked, ready to start back to the daily routine. Spring 2011 excites me, as well as scares me, as I traverse into my second semester of graduate school and the 'real world'. It will be tough but rewarding, and oh, how time will fly. 

I am still working on getting my room put back together after having to move rooms and pictures are sure to come when I am finished putting my pictures back up and such. I plan on completely deep cleaning my apartment this week after work. We will see how that goes. ;) But for now, a preview of beauty... a Christmas present given to me by my sister Donna is now a wonderful new decoration in my apartment.


Isn't it beautiful? Decorating makes me want my own home more and more... But I know that with time I will be able to buy a home, and so much more. For this year I am working on focusing more on God's plan for my life, rather than making my own plans. Because I know, He has my best interests at heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!