Monday, September 6, 2010

My first day off... with PAY!!!

So today is of course the lovely Labor Day. And I, among the other college students, school children, and many other Americans are enjoying the day off. However, this year, this holiday is a little different for me... I am getting PAID! That's right, 8 hours of pay, to sit at home, sleep in, and relax. Let's just say, I'M LOVIN' IT! I cooked lunch for myself, a nice lunch of braised pork chops and au gratin potatoes, and have started yummy dinner for my roommates and some friends. Man, do I love my crock pot! I am cooking stuffed bell peppers and they smell amazing.

So,  I woke up for work as usual at 5am this morning.. and then smiled to myself, and thought, I'm about to be paid to get a few more hours of sleep. Everything I do today comes with the thought that I am getting paid to do it. I am truly blessed with my job and I am excited that I have found such an amazing job especially in our economy.

I attended my first Alabama football game as a student this weekend. The Crimson Tide rolled over San Jose State coming out with a win of 48-3. I enjoyed tailgating for the first time with my church, Ridgecrest and their college ministry then had a great time with my roommates and their friends at the game. I am so blessed to have Christian roommates who believe in God and have a passion for His purpose. All the many prayers that were lifted up by myself and others as I made this transition to Tuscaloosa have been answered in a way that only God could do. I am blessed.

So what else shall I get paid to do today? I think I will clean my room, and then just relax... Wow.. it's great to get paid on a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!