Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Roommate Woes

Never in my life did I think that I would feel unsafe in my 'home'. Never did I think I would have to lock my room door at night for fear of someone barging into my room.... Now, in this instance, I am fearing the worse, because, I honestly have no idea of what to think or expect.

My roommates were showered in prayer and God blessed me with 2 out of 3 GREAT, and I am serious, roommates. Gabby and Emily are blessings beyond compare and I am so thankful for them. However, my God, the powerful, wonderful God He is, likes to show us the good through the bad. And.. roommate #3 is definitely a joy killer. Here is the story in short:

Ever since she moved in her boyfriend has been living with us. Yeah, that's right, living with us. Now, a little back information. I am the only roommate that has even MET her. She won't come out of her room to talk to the other girls. And as much as they have tried to make contact, she stays clammed up in her room, all day, EVERY day. So, keep in mind throughout this story, that even though she doesn't really talk to me, she will text and call me, but only me, because I am the only one she 'knows'.

Well, he has been doing things like washing clothes, etc, so we know he lives there and as a group we planned to talk to her and explain to her that it was unfair for us for our bills to go up and that we were uncomfortable with him staying. Well yesterday, to use an old term I learned from high school, 'The crap hit the fan..' (Now, didn't that just brighten the post a little bit! ;) HAHA!) Before Gabby, Emily and I could meet with her and talk to her about this situation, Management called her in. They had noticed him too, and suspected he was living there and gave her what the call a 'warning' telling her to get him out or be kicked out. So yesterday she started calling and texting me, I told her I couldn't talk because I was at work, and she started asking about her boyfriend 'visiting' and if I had a problem with it. She also asked me for the other roommates numbers, and I knew something had happened. So I called management and asked them what had happened, and that is when my leasing agent, Erin, told me they had caught him, called her in, and she denied everything saying he was her brother. Now, I know this is a lie because I now have a text asking about her boyfriend visiting. So anyways, I was told not to answer her phone calls or messages because it was harassment and that we had done nothing wrong. Well, the roommate got Emily's number off the fridge and started calling her multiple times, so I told Emily to call management and tell them that she wouldn't leave us alone. I received various other texts of rage... all to the effect of, she thought we complained and wondered why we didn't come to her first, funny thing, we wanted to, management just beat us to it. So, thankfully management called her back to the office and told her that none of us complained and that it was solely the management. Thankfully, that made her stop calling Emily. 

Now, it is the rule of our apartment, as stated in our lease, that we are not to have any overnight guests of the opposite sex, and if we are to, we must have a written consent turned in from each of the other three roommates. So, after the roommate learned this she began to text me asking me if I would write a letter. At this point it was around 9pm, and I was busy studying at Anne's for a test. So, I kindly replied that I wanted to discuss this with her in person, but couldn't that night because I was studying. And I then turned my phone on silent because I knew she wouldn't stop there. Honestly, I am not writing a letter, because I am uncomfortable with him there, and that is why I want to talk to her in person. I am not going to continue this childish text message conversation about something important like this. And I honestly want to talk to her face to face when I tell her no. After all, we are supposed to be adults here.... right?

So, when I finally finished studying at around midnight I had a few more text messages, of course asking why I couldn't meet her tonight, that she was home and wanted to know.. and when could I talk to her. So, I have asked to meet with her before class today... and hopefully this whole thing will be resolved.

The reason I have worried about it so much is because I honestly don't know this girl, and have no idea what she is capable of doing, or not capable of. So I really don't want to set her off, just in case she is crazy or something. So, we shall see. If worst comes to worst I will be in heaven with my Father, and there are no complaints there. ;) But in all seriousness, I think it will be ok. I will definitely post the results since I have shared this whole story. And for a final note, the roommate also told me that she would be moving out at the end of the semester... however, that is dependent on her getting out of her lease. But if the boy continues to stay she will get kicked out. So we shall see.

However, without the hard times, how would we know what good times look like? How would we be able to rejoice in blessings. So, this, as the many other trials in our lives, should be considered nothing more than blessings in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time. :) I have been meaning to call you and have not had a chance to sit down and talk to you...I will one day soon I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!