Monday, September 13, 2010

My first Paycheck

Friday was payday... and I was super excited. Even though we have direct deposit here at work, your first check comes as a paper check. So, I was able to walk across the street to the next door offices and pick up my check myself. I couldn't contain my excitement.

I was so excited, until I opened it. I was shocked to see the amount and if anyone had been able to see my face I am sure they would have laughed! I quickly began to review my deductions. After a series of emails, questions and phone calls, I found the problem. I had been charged over $300 in medical arrears... when in reality I was only supposed to be charged $36. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Thankfully I will receive this money back on my next paycheck. So for now, I have a running joke with my mother that thanks to the government I work... but don't get paid. Thankfully my rent was already paid for this month and I wasn't depending on that extra $300 that was supposed to be in my check... praise God for His many blessings.

I went home this weekend because Saturday, September 11, was my dad's birthday. Alabama played Penn State and we all got together at my oldest sister, Beverly's house to watch the game and have dinner with Dad. September 11 is also Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant's birthday... and ironically enough January 26, my mother's birthday, is the day Coach Bryant died. Let's just say, I was destined to be an Alabama fan. ;)

Good times with friends and family always make it hard to make the drive back to Tuscaloosa every Sunday afternoon, but I love it here none the less. I love it in two places now, my dream home, and my home in Troy. :)

I told a friend of mine this weekend that God is doing a great work in me, and He is teaching me something through all of this. Even though I may not know exactly what His plan holds or exactly where He is leading me right now... This is where I am supposed to be. Away from all things that made me comfortable and content. So that I may grow in a new and dynamic way for Christ. I believe that when you are content you begin to get in trouble... I believe we should always be striving more, always reaching for a deeper and deeper relationship. Like a ladder, or stairs, once we make it to one, don't get happy and sit there, STRIVE for the next! So, I am striving, learning and living. I am ready for the great things God has for me.

But, my friends, God says to 'Count it all joy when you fall into various trials and tribulations...' I believe that if things aren't going wrong in your life, if you aren't facing some sort of something.. and don't get me wrong it doesn't have to be something catastrophic... Then you are not in God's will. Because if you are striving to do God's will in your life then the DEVIL will be fighting back. If you aren't working for God, the devil has you in his grips, so why mess with you? So, this is my challenge to my readers I guess... Are you striving? Or are you content with the worldly things around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!