Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All in the eye of the beholder.

Before I get to the main point of my blog today I want to share with you a wonderful breakfast that I now enjoy. Each morning I get up at 5am, get ready and head in to work, so the need for a quick and easy breakfast is great. So... after two weeks of eating crackers I decided to try something different... it is an idea that stemmed off of a few recipes from Mary Allison, and my love for Chick-fil-A parfaits. Now, mine is very simple... I just put vanilla yogurt in a bowl and then pour some 'Honey bunches of Oats - Just bunches' on top. Stir, or don't... it's whatever.. haha and enjoy! This keeps me full all the way until lunchtime, and that is a major bonus!


So... now for what I really want to talk about today... please, look at the picture below and tell me, or say out loud what you think this object is:



Many of you might have said....

Clips
Binder clips
Office Supplies
and other things....

However, a friend of mine once told me a story that gave me a different perspective.... 

So, now, look at this picture and tell me what you see:



Ok... what did you see? The same thing or something different? A friend of mine named CJ once told me and a few other friends... look at this binder clip, now... look at it this way. What do you see? Well I see a 'Barbie Purse' when you are playing with your barbies this is the perfect little purse to just hang on their wrist. Ok.. now I know you are looking back at the picture and you see it!! HAHA! Doesn't that make you laugh?

I shared this story with my co-worker Cheryl and she definitely got a kick out of it. What brought this memory from my mind... well my desk at the office is filled with binder clips of all sizes... and every time I look at them all I can think of is 'Barbie purses'. And every time it makes me smile. 

I thank God for making me so easy to please. I love taking joy in everyday wonders and just random things, even office supplies. I hope this post made you laugh... and potentially, I have now created a monster in you... if you see these at your work you will probably think 'oh, it's a barbie purse'. But at least you don't have to resist the urge to call it that in front of EVERY construction worker that comes into your office. :) Ahh the joys of working with all men. lol

I hope you are all having a great week. For me, it's way past my bed time... Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!