Thursday, September 16, 2010

5 days?!

Ok, so... As we have discussed many times, I am a full time graduate student and a full time employee. This week juggling 3 graduate courses and 40 hours a week has really gotten to me. Last Thursday I was assigned homework that is due today, Thursday the 16th.

Well, I have decided to be a good college student and practice stress management during my graduate degree. I'm not dumb, I can tell I have a lot on my plate. lol So I am working hard to keep the stress down. So I started Sunday, after a restful weekend at home with my family, working on this homework that is due today. So here it is Thursday, and I am still working to finish the last problem. Not to knock other majors or anything.. but who else, would spend at least three hours a night for 4 nights and still not be finished with HOMEWORK!?!?! The complex computations aren't necessarily hard... just very labor intensive and time consuming. After all, this class is a computer programming class, and we are working out by hand the things that they make computers do now... But... that's not the point.

The point is I have worked now for 5 days on this homework to finish. I am stressed to the max, staying here this weekend to study for a test that I have on Monday... that I thought I would be able to start studying for before today.... Last night, I worked so hard on this homework in an effort to finish the last two problems I didn't take the time to eat. And I still had to leave with a little work left to do. So... I am working hard trying not to stress. But God prevails and he won't give us anything we can't handle... so, I CAN DO THIS!

In the end, my hard work will pay off... or so I tell myself. And recently, I just have to laugh at people who say they are busy.... unless I know they are legitimately busy... I mean, I leave my house at 5:45 work all day and then go to class, if I get home by 7pm I immediately get started on homework, otherwise I stay at school to do homework and then get home around 10pm. But everyone is different, handles things differently and works through life differenly. So... everyone's 'busy' means something unique.

With this being said, I have to let you know that I am not by any means complaining. I am so blessed... I am blessed to walk into a job every morning where some of the crew are sitting around with their Bibles doing their morning studies. I am blessed to be able to figure out my homework and hack away at it even when my teacher doesn't instruct us on how to do the material. I am thankful for my friends and family, who, no matter how busy, or how little I talk to them, still love and support me anyways. I have lost friends for this fact, and I count it to be HUGE blessings friends who will stick with me through it all, not just the good times.

So I am blessed, life is busy, but things are great. God is working away in my life, the devil is attacking, but I have learned to count it all JOY... PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!