Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time

Time heals all wounds. As I am learning daily that relying on God is the only answer, I am striving to make this my second nature. I desire for God to be so centered in my life that when hard times come I only think of Him and not long for the comfort of the people around me. When you place your trust and hopes in people, you will only be disappointed.

I am working through some important things this week and would greatly appreciate any and all prayer. My first test in graduate school was hard, and even though I spent all weekend studying I didn't feel prepared. Honestly, there isn't time enough in the day to devote all the time I need to studying after my classes and work are over. But God will work miracles and He will lead me through this pit.

Sometimes I feel it would be great to have someone grocery shop, cook and clean for me. I need to go to the bank and deposit my check I got two weeks ago... but I just haven't had the time, I need to grocery shop so that I will have food to eat... but I just haven't had the time, I need toilet paper, school stuff, and so many other things.

I took the time last night to relax, and watch a play called 'Screwtape' done by the University of Alabama Theatre and Dance program. I went with a girls bible study group that I am a part of. I needed this fun time in order for God to life my spirits. The play was based on the book by C. S. Lewis, which I would love to read someday.

All that being said, God will provide.

1 comment:

  1. I am going through something very similar right now. I've promised myself an "escape night" at least once a week. Usually it only lasts for a few hours because I'm so distracted by the things not crossed out on my to-do list. It's not fun being this way, and I wish I had a solution for you, but FYI - you're not alone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!