Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Classes, among other things...

So today was my first day of graduate classes. My first class was very short because the Professor is out of town. A TA (teaching assistant) passed out our syllabuses and gave us our homework... then told us we could leave. My second class of the day was very different. The Professor handed out syllabuses and then began class. We stayed the whole hour and fifteen minutes and took notes until my hand hurt. Hooray for college. :)

Today I got new mattresses for my bed! I haven't really been sleeping at all and my bed was more like a dorm room bed than my bed at home... I knew it wasn't supposed to be perfect so I just tried to put up with it. Well, I haven't slept and what little sleep I get is very uncomfortable. So Gabby convinced me to ask for new mattresses yesterday, and they came today! I loved watching the maintenance crew unwrap my new mattresses and take them straight out of the plastic! Hoping for a great night of sleep tonight! On a side note, we have a nice maintenance man who took a liking to Donna and Mary-Anne while they helped me move in. He was very flirty and it was awkward... well he came today with another man to put in my new mattresses... well, he asked in a very nice way if I had not been sleeping well, I told him yes... (that would be why I am getting new mattresses... lol) and then as they left he asked if he could help me re-make up my bed. Gabby and I, who were in the kitchen, kind of looked at each other funny... I said no, but thank you for the new bed! HAHA So he then returned with, well I hope you start sleeping better. Again, I just said thank you.

Tonight I went to 'The Well' a college worship service at Calvary Baptist Church. It was an amazing experience. Gabby asked me to come with her, and I brought along Casey. It was a great service filled with great music and a wonderful speaker. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with wonderful roommates who love Jesus.

Tomorrow I only have one class... and I am hoping it goes well. Monday I start work, and that is when the busy life will begin again... However, I am excited... I love to be busy! As terrible as it sounds, it's true. :)

2 comments:

  1. I used to have nightmares about that man... until I met the creepy homeless guy who roams the Huntsman Shopping Center and then another guy (who I swear was drunk at 4 in the afternoon on Sunday) shouted at me "That's the stuff, honey! That's how I like it!" There's was no one else other than my mom and me... I'm ready to meet real people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! ... wow Mary-Anne. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!