Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Official!

It is official! I have had my first classes at UA and I received my official job offer in the mail today! Monday I go in at 8am to start work! I am very excited. It is going to take a little time to get back in the swing of college math as opposed to high school math teaching. So, as of right now... my classes are somewhat scary, but I don't think they will be too hard.

Tonight I went with Casey to the BCM for 'Ice Cream and Church and Church'. It was a time for us to each ice cream and meet local churches and their college ministry staff. While in Tuscaloosa, my sister Beverly went to Ridgecrest Baptist and I have chosen to visit there this Sunday to see how I like it. I have been a few times when I was younger and I am excited to go back. The college ministry staff was very fun and exciting and I am ready for Sunday to be here. I really want to get involved and be plugged in to a church.

Have I told you about Casey? I am not sure... so.. here goes. I keep talking about her so I figure I should introduce her. Casey is a girl that I met in high school through a leadership program CYYLP, otherwise known as Coffee County Youth Leadership. Well, she went to Samford for undergrad and now is at UA for grad school. It was so great to bump into a friend that I already knew and loved and get to be back in touch with her. :)

Now... for a few pictures.... I hope you like them!


I finally got some stuff up on my walls... so this is what my room in my apartment looks like!


Of course... if you know me.. you know my life is consumed with BLUE and GREEN. I absolutely love it! And for my bed... I went with a more plain spread and sheets so that the would stay in 'style' longer and I could get years of use from them! 


My desk and dresser area are cluttered... but I am working on that. :) 


Bathroom! :) 


The first page of my official job offer and acceptance letter! I am so thankful to be employed by UA!


Student ID!! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face on the way to my first class. It is a dream come true to be a student at UA. Life is grand and this campus is mesmerizing to me....

ROLL TIDE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!