Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sigma Alpha Iota

For those of you who don't know, SAI is an international music fraternity, for women in the field of music. SAI was and continues to be a big part of my life. Today, I as well as my grand big passed out popsicles to the 315+ members of the Sound of the South, as a gift from SAI to help conquer the heat.

It has been recently that I realize how blessed I am because of SAI. My best friends have come from SAI, and those friends who aren't in SAI have continued to support me no matter what. It means a lot to me.. I love SAI and its principles and I believe that in part, SAI has made me who I am today.

I learned many leadership skills from SAI through my service in offices for three years and SAI taught me how to completely manage my time to the highest degree. ;) My best friends are in SAI.... Mary Allison, who is my big sister, has always been there for me no matter what... She is always there to hear me cry, to listen to my frustrations and to cheer with me when things are going great. Her true friendship is beyond compare and I am so thankful for it. And also, Mary-Anne... (hmm, I like double named, MA friends!!) This girl has taught me so much, and even though we didn't become really close until later in college I believe that our friendship is as strong as any. Mary-Anne has always supported me and helped me through tough times. She's bounced ideas around with me and shared frustrations with me. Mary-Anne has cultured me and taught me things that I would have otherwise probably never encountered.

These are just two girls... each sister has impacted em in a beautiful way. I could go on for days thanking each of them. I am so blessed to be a part of something so great, and so thankful for these girls who love me so much!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, just read this. I'm a-crying! You really need to come up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and will visit as soon as I have money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...I miss you so much! You're awesome and I love you! Mary-Anne, you have a blog? Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!