Friday, August 13, 2010

Changes in Tuscaloosa!

So I am back in Tuscaloosa after over a week long vacation at my parents house. I have had a great time spending time with friend and family and was honestly sad to be coming back.

Here's the news... the apartment complex told Gabby that it would just be the two of us living here.... well WRONG. Another girl moved in today, and another girl will be moving in next week. So we will have a full house... I am excited for new people, but sad because Gabby and I got hyped up about it being just the two of us.. and I have a great relationship with her.

My newest roommate is definitely a drinker, as there is now an expanse of alcohol in the fridge and she is slightly messy.. sad day. She is big and athletic looking but seems nice. She keeps to herself in her room and is a Biology major.. And these are just my first impressions. The girl who will be moving in soon is a Music major and is Asian. That should be interesting... however she does play the flute, so that speaks to my heart. :)

I got to hang out with an old friend from high school today... and it was great to catch up. I haven't seen her in years and I just recently found out she was going to Bama for grad school too! We are going to orientation together tomorrow and hope to be better informed by the end of the day.

I have graduate orientation tomorrow, and then the graduate math department has orientation Monday. School starts Wednesday, and I start my job the following Monday. I am excited and scared to get things going and see how they pan out. Here's hoping! :)

Also, a super thing that is special to my heart happened yesterday. Sean has always wanted me to learn how to drive a stick shift car, and he has taught me how to shift the gears and let try to drive his truck a few times... well He went on a trip with his roommate Derrick this past week to New York. So, my wonderful friends were hanging out at Sean's house... Daniel and James washing clothes, and me and Chelsey just chilling. We had dinner and watched a movie and it was really fun... Well, while the clothes were washing Daniel offered to teach me how to drive a stick. So, we got into Sean's truck and drove around his park... ME!! I drove! Daniel was a very good teacher, and I think my background knowledge helped.. haha! But he was very patient with me and always helped me out and reassured me! So.. this is my surprise for Sean! I can't wait to see him and take him for a drive in HIS car! :) I think he will be impressed. And I am really happy to finally completely know how.

I am sure lots of stories will come in the following weeks... here's hoping for a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!