Monday, October 11, 2010

My new family

Yesterday morning I joined Ridgecrest Baptist Church by way of Watch Care. Watch Care is a program for college students. It gives dual membership between Ridgecrest and your home church, so that you can have the benefits of church membership while away at college. Upon graduation you can choose to continue your membership, or return home.

I love my Ridgecrest family. If it weren't for them... wow... this semester would have been even more of a disaster. From the first time I visited Ridgecrest I knew it was EXACTLY what God wanted for me. That first Sunday school message was exactly what I needed, when I needed it. I can feel myself growing at Ridgecrest and I am so thankful for the college ministry there.

Beckey, the college leader, let me know that they like to kidnap college students and keep them forever. And right now, part of me wouldn't mind that. :) In two years, we shall see where I am... you never know, I may make Tuscaloosa my permanent home. I am so happy, and so blessed.

On a sad note, prayers are needed today... I have studied since last Monday for a midterm that I have today... yes, that is 7 days of studying, at least 3 hours a day... So needless to say, I should be plenty prepared. But I just don't have a peace about this test. But God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!