Thursday, October 21, 2010

Calm

I have moved some of my study nights to Starbucks rather than the library.. It is just a happier place and if you don't know I LOVE starbucks! So, I have decided to experiment and try some new things. Caffeine does not affect me... whatsoever. And I know this is a bad thing! I drink coffee at work and at home. I also drink soft drinks and other caffinated beverages... and lets just say, water and I are not really good friends. So, I was tempted to try hot tea. I have never had hot tea before, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.


Calm tea was the first hot tea I ever had, and I have to say it is great! It is called 'calm' tea because it has no caffeine and is made of herbs. It is a wonderful tea and I even bought a tin so that I could make hot tea to drink at work. Now, I like things sweet, so I do add a little sugar to my tea. And I think it is fun brewing my own little cup of tea at my desk. So, in a sense, it is calming.. lol Or at least God is using the name to remind me to have moments of calm in this crazy and hectic life I lead. All is well in life, and through endurance and perserverance I will make it to December. And I will be proud to know what I have accomplished.

So, my recommendation for each of you is to go out on a limb and try something different. Not necessarily a hot tea, but just something. And 'be still' with God in the midst of our hectic lives.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!