Monday, October 18, 2010

Vicariously

This is a new word I have come to enjoy. HAHA! I know, I know... I am a LOSER. Since my last blog full of hurt I have decided to write a few things that make me unexplainably happy.


  1. Mary-Anne and I chatting on google chat while we are both at work. What a wonderful way to catch up and stay in touch with a friend. 
  2. Mary Allison's engagement and wedding. I tell many people, I live my life vicariously through Mary Allison. Words cannot express the joy that I feel when we talk of wedding plans and things going on in her life. I know this seems kind of contradictory, but I honestly think of nothing buy joy when thinking of Mary Allison and Brandon's engagement. I mean, what a way to stay connected after college... have your friend MARRY each other!! Less places to visit! HAHA
  3. Elliot... from the TV show Leverage. I work with a guy who looks very similar. It is hilarious.... only because sometimes I like to imagine that I work with a movie star. J/K!
  4. My job.. I am so blessed! I left everything back home only to gain two GREAT roommates, a great trust in God, and 80 wonderful men to work with. I couldn't ask for a better job!
  5. 5k. I ran a 5k in 38 minutes with one of my assistant managers Friday. We are training for the 'Crimson Couch to 5k' for all staff and faculty of the University of Alabama. 5k number one will lead to a second. I now 'jog' (I guess it's a little slow for running) 4 miles at least one day a week. Yes, I know a 5k is only 3.1 miles... but I love it and hope to soon build up to more with a better time. 
  6. My church. The college ministry and students have blessed me beyond compare. Their love and kindness is unsurpassed! And, I am going to be doing another 5k with some of them in April! 
  7. My family. They are crazy, but I love them. :) 
  8. My friends. Without them, I don't know where I would be in this time... Charity, Courtney, Lisa, Mary-Anne, Mary Allison, and my Tuscaloosa friend Anne Kimball. 
Without Christ I wouldn't be able to count my blessings.. but so many times I need to be reminded of His truths. The devil tries to keep up in the pit. No matter what God's grace is enough... His mercy is there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!