Sunday, October 17, 2010

Because I can't really pour it out on anyone...

A while back a good friend and now mentor of mine posted a few things that were bugging her in her blog. Lately through the stress and anxiety that I have been feeling sometimes I just want to shout hurtful words out at some people... and I have noticed that coming into my thoughts and sometimes into my rants during my otherwise happy blog posts. So I believe for the sake of my sanity and the joy of my heart I must get these things out. They are no way directed anywhere in particular, just meaningless rantings of things that the devil lets get to me. I don't mind at all if you discontinue reading this post here.

Some things that currently bug me...

  • I can't stand when someone tells me how busy they are. SERIOUSLY?? Wow. Now, I have been told by God that different people can handle different things and I realize this and completely agree. But when people want others to modify their lives to accommodate their busy lives without even thinking of the other person I could just SCREAM. 
  • People getting engaged. Many people don't know the whole story of my life here lately, and honestly it is none of anyone's business. I feel that it is somewhat traumatic and I am saddened that something I believed would last didn't. It just really hurts when people laugh in your face because you are upset. I would like to let everyone know that this isn't just some teenage break-up devastation, so thank you for acknowledging that I have feelings.
  • On that note, don't tell me that I am young. 1 Timothy 4:12 is a verse I highly believe in. 'Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." Yeah, I am 22 years old, a lot of people tell me that I have so much time, time to do this, that and other things.. but I believe that not everything is based on age, but should be based on maturity.  Maturity comes from experience and education... so... yeah. I know plenty of 22 year old's who act like absolute children, and a couple 18 year old's who are wiser than many adults. So get over the age, yeah, we all have time...
  • Don't try to be my friend just to get the latest gossip out of my life. If I am not telling you what is going on with me then you obviously don't need to know. So stop trying to be my friend and ask random questions to pry information out of me. I will just give you the short of it and walk away. My true friends know what is going on, and are there for me no matter what. No just when my life is juicy enough for them.
  • 'Come see me!' Is something I hear a lot. Well get this.. I drive 3 and a half hours to see my family and friends and they can't drive 20 minutes to see me while I am at my parents house or in Troy????? Are you kidding? Get your selfish rear off the couch if you want to see me. I only get two days at home a month as it is. And, don't promise you will come visit when in fact you won't. Someone told me they were coming to Tuscaloosa and I almost had a panic attack I was so excited... (yeah, I'm a loser, I know).. But then... me seeing them didn't work out, and that hurt. Now I know exactly what Mary-Anne feels like.. everyone always wants to go to DC... but who does? I am thankful to say that I have. 
  • People who think they can relate but can't. Get over yourself. Read Matthew 7:3-5. Before you decide to council me on my life, make sure that you have got it together before you try to tell me how everything you had done is right and what I am doing is wrong, plus I am young.. etc. Granted, I have many friends, including Lisa, who have been through similar loss types but not the exact situation... that I appreciate greatly. A different perspective, without judgement. 
  • Finally, judgement. Wow, everyone asks so they can just tear you down. Well get over yourself... everyone goes through different things and can handle different things, so before you cast your judgement on those suffering or seemingly so, or not so in your world, take a walk in their shoes... and then you will see. 
Now, I am done with that. I have confessed all my grumblings to the Lord and He has lifted my spirit and cleansed my soul. I love and pray for all of you. And I want to especially thank those who have been with me during this time in my life. I am truly blessed and truly love my life here in Tuscaloosa. God is doing a work, and I am excited to be a part of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for just getting it all out! Feels good doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!