Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm tired... worn and weary.

Matthew 11:28

"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."


Every morning this week, it has been a little bit harder to get out of bed. I stayed in town last weekend to study for yet another test. I am worn, I am weary. And the verse above and a few other daily reminders are what is pushing me through, even today.
 
5am comes early... especially when you stay up until midnight studying or doing homework. I know without a doubt that God won't give you more than can handle... but this week, God has trusted me a little more than I would like.
 
Graduate school, I told myself, would be a time to work hard, make perfect grades and not worry about a thing except school. Then my real world experience hit me. I am so excited to say that part of me is an adult.. I still believe that there are parts of me that still are, and potentially always will be, a child. However, my full time job is a blessing beyond compare. I pay my bills, have my own insurance, soon to have my own phone plan, and I am thinking of getting a house.
 
Most people would run scared at the thought of this; but, financial independence is something I have strived for since day one after moving out of my parents house. In the childish, self-seeking world we live in, there are a lot of spoiled brats who whine about what they don't have or the latest trends... I must boast that this week alone I have received three compliments on my outfits and wardrobe pieces; and when asked where I got the item of clothing I had to reply, 'I'm sorry, I don't remember; I've had these since high school.' HOORAY! Haha!
 
Counting my blessings has truly helped me out, especially in tough weeks like this. I am so thankful for what God has given me. Each night when I go to sleep and when I wake up in the mornings I try to remember what a recent devotional said:
 
God gives us the strength to make it through that day.
When the Israelites traveled through the wilderness,
God gave them manna for each day, and enough for the day.
 
God gives us strength to make it through today, no matter what the circumstances. I am as guilty as at complaining. The devil works so hard to steal our joy from us. And sometimes, when we are beat down and in the pit, it is easier to take his crap than fight back. But, we must constantly fight the battle for Christ and remember, He gives us the strength to make it through.
 
So, no matter how tired I am, how many times I just have to close my eyes at my desk or in class... God will get me through and I am stronger because of it.
 
James 1:2-4
 
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."



1 comment:

  1. You will look back on all of the stress one day and just laugh and wonder how you made it through. But you will, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!