Saturday, June 26, 2010

A friend in need

In the spring I became really close with a fellow intern and during that time she experienced a lot of great trials that no 21 year old, or anyone for that matter, should have to endure. I have spent many nights staying up late with her because the pain was so great she couldn't sleep.. and I have cried many tears for her.

She is probably the strongest person I know, and through it all she has remained a rock, only allowing herself to publicly break down once or twice... I feel that God gave me to her to shed tears for her.. and that He gave her to me to help me through a difficult time in my life by showing me how truly blessed I was and still am.

Tonight is particularly hard, like this past thursday night, because she is in Birmingham for the summer and I feel that I cannot be there for her when she needs me. I think that I am most excited about moving to Tuscaloosa this wednesday because I will be so much closer to her, but I am also scared because I know when school starts she will be back in Troy and we will once again be far away.

My heart cries out to God for her so often... And I know He comforts her in a way only He can. Right now I just ask that she be lifted up in prayer, to know that she is loved and cared for... and that everything will be ok. Sometimes I wish that I could just magically appear when she needs me... and I just hurt because I am so far away. Her friendship is something that I truly value and is a friendship like I have never had before (in more ways than one, haha).

God, I ask right now that You lay Your hands upon her, show her Your love and mercy. Teach her God that all things become new and to count her blessings. Show her Lord that when the way is tough that You are there to carry her. Bless her God, as only You can.. Lift her up Lord, comfort her, draw her close to you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!