Monday, June 14, 2010

Collegiate Refugee

Saturday night I once again became what I affectionately have named as a "refugee". Everyone knows that my twin and I are two totally opposite people... and there are some things we just don't agree on. Well we have lived together for four years now and there are still some issues.. as with everyone who lives together.. that you just learn to live with.

Saturday night she had some friends over to enjoy a night of fun coupled with a particular drink that I do not approve of at all. I was out with friends that night as well and didn't get back to the house until midnight. However, when I got there I was greeted with nowhere to park at my own home (***something she complains about immensely***) and a bunch of loud boisterous people that I didn't know... and a few I did.

I tried to ignore it and went straight back to my room, smiling all the while trying to be friendly to her guests. As I tried to settle down for the night the crowd just kept getting louder. It was then that I called Sean to seek refuge. Now, here is my situation... I am uncomfortable in my own house.. and yet, I don't want to stay at Sean's... because yeah... that just looks bad. So I tossed and turned with the idea until I went into my bathroom... and now.. this may seem silly, but I have a few pet peeves which isn't good when my bathroom is used at the guest bathroom for guests that I don't appreciate. So, problem #1  -  the toilet seat was up. I believe any man, who has any respect for a woman, will once finished in the restroom, put the seat back down, especially in a house of only girls!! Problem #2 - I am extremely OCD, and when someone knocks my rug off center in the middle of the bathroom floor and doesn't bother to fix it... well it drives me crazy on the inside. Silly I know, but true. :)

So, that was the last straw. I grabbed clothes to sleep in and my contact solution and left. I went to Sean's and slept on an air mattress in his spare room. In the end, I was just thankful for a place to go... And thankfully Derrick nor Sean minded me invading for a night. I got up early that morning and left to get ready for church.. which was an amazing service... and God's blessings were evident. He always knows how to take my mind off my troubles.

Another random rant about Donna. For graduation we divided up our thank you cards and each were supposed to do half... if you know my sister you know this was an impossible idea and I should have done all of them to begin with... but I was trying to be adult and fair and divide the workload. So my half got done two weeks after graduation when I returned from my trip to DC.

Today I ended up doing Donna's half... I discovered she hadn't done them yet and that well, kind of made me mad. It took me all of 20 minutes to write, address and send those thank you cards... The moral of the story.. I know my sister, and I should have done it to begin with in the first place. She has a lot of growing up to do.. and I think that me moving out and away will be beneficial to us both.

I am headed to Tuscaloosa with my mom and dad tomorrow to find a place to live! I am really excited for this chapter in my life to become a reality... Pictures and stories from tomorrows adventure are sure to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!