Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summertime Fun

The beach isn't something I normally would enjoy, but when my friend BP invited me and some other friends a couple of months ago to stay at his girlfriend Paty's beach house this past weekend I was really excited. Even though the beach isn't necessarily my forte, spending time with my friends definitely is.

So Katie, Adam, Sean and I headed down to Mexico Beach, FL this past Saturday morning on my first beach weekend excursion. This past Christmas my parents got me a GPS and it was fun getting to use it on the trip. Adam used his and I used mine and we both ended up being taken two different ways to the beach house. It was definitely an adventure and after getting stuck in 3 miles of bumper to bumper traffic Sean and I made it just minutes after Katie and Adam. **We could like to think that our way was faster and that if we hadn't been delayed we would have beat them... It's a man thing**



The house was a beautiful yellow just down the road from the beach. It was beautifully decorated and filled with friends. :) We got settled in and headed to the beach... it was filled with seaweed our first day and no one really got in the water.. but we didn't care. We had a great time setting up our tent and just hanging out with everyone.

The night was filled with a wonderful visit from our friend Kelly who happened to live just minutes away and David Samuel.. the most amazing guy on the planet. :) We grilled out for dinner and followed it by playing cranium.

Then David serenaded us with his piano playing into the night. Katie, Adam, David and myself spent the first night in a cute little room with four bunk beds. The bunk beds were color coordinated and Katie took the green bed, I took the light blue bed, and Adam took the dark blue bed... what bed did we stick David with? ha ha The pink one! It was great getting to spend time with an old friend that now lives so far away. David was "mad" at me for planning on going to Alabama... (because it will mean we are farther away). So plans for trips to see David are a must!

Sunday we woke early to watch the French Open final with Katie and Adam... Nadal ended up beating Soderling and Katie was sad... but it was a great game! and I loved Nadal's blue and green uniform!

Sunday afternoon was filled with fun as the group went to a local ice cream shop to get our ice cream and internet fix. Our generation is lost without technology and Facebook. ha ha I am sure that Facebook will be the downfall of society, no matter how much I love it. After we finished our ice cream we started searching for geocaches in Mexico Beach. One was at the ice cream shop and it was fun working as a team to find it. We then went back to the house and changed for the beach. We then went to find more geocaches near the canal and then the group split, part going to the beach, and Adam, Katie, Sean and I continued to search for geocaches. It was great exploring a new place and trying to find different little treasures. If you have never been geocaching you should try it! There are millions of geocaches world wide and plenty should be in a town near you.. I mean... if Troy has them... EVERYONE should. Learn more about Geocaching.

Monday was another great day... we relaxed in the morning and played Little Big Planet, Spades, Chess, and Checkers as well as other family friendly games. That afternoon we went to the beach and were finally able to get into the water with minimal seaweed! I ventured into the water which is a rare thing for me since I am really OCD. After being scared away by a school of fish I tried for a second time and had a great time jumping the waves and laughing at Sean and Adam in Adam's adventure zone (the part of the ocean close to the shore where the waves are breaking violently).

We then ventured back to the house to get showers and pack for home. I had a great time meeting some amazing Georgia people and spending time with friends. I am now back in Troy and ready to get things done around the house and settle back in. I had a great time at the beach and can't wait to have another amazing trip with my amazing friends. I am truly blessed beyond belief by God!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad you got to see the beaches before the oil got there, too. I really enjoyed the water. It's unfortunate that it may be a while before our beaches are beautiful again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had tons of fun! I can't believe you normally don't like the beach!!! It's like my favorite place in the world!!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!