Friday, November 11, 2011

Fish Tacos

I must say, I have cooked for many a person throughout my college years, and I was quite impressed when I noticed Hunter eating (and liking) vegetables. And he likes fish too!!

I am excited to know that he will eat most anything, and it is fun being able to cook good for you items like vegetables, without a fuss. So yesterday we decided to experiment and make fish tacos for dinner. With a little help and ideas from my friend Jackie I think they turned out well, and Hunter like them too!

Fish Tacos:
Tilapia fillets
Blackening seasoning (I used Old Bay)
Tortillas
Toppings of choice: Hunter used re fried beans, I used vegetables and cheese.

The one thing Hunter seriously doesn't like, is cheese. Crazy, isn't it?!



One easy to make veggie side I love is sauteed bell peppers and onions. Chop your veggies into slices or cubes, for me, this varies depending on what I am cooking them with. Heat a pan on the stove with a little olive oil. When the pan is hot toss in vegetables and season. I usually just use salt and pepper, or a little soy sauce, again depending on what I am making them with. Stir occasionally, the veggies are done is a matter of minutes. Quick and easy!



Next, the fillets. I rinsed them, patted them dry with a paper towel and then sprinkled Old Bay Blackened seasoning all over them. I chose to pan fry them, so I then placed the fillets in a shallow pan with hot oil. cook for three minutes on each side, or until fish flakes with a fork.


Hunter and I then assembled our tacos. We each chose an array of toppings, and you can too! Here is my finished product: What a fun, quick and easy meal!



2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't like cheese?! They look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore fish tacos! I'm totally going to steal this...

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!