Monday, November 7, 2011

Professional

When most students involved in band graduate high school they stop playing. Few of us continue on as collegiate musicians. As a student who majored in a discipline other than music, I thought once I graduated college I would rarely play my instrument again.

Just a few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity of a life time. My heart longs for music. As and SAI, I love music, value and cherish it. And the music minister at my church asked me to play a special for a conference our church was holding. I was so nervous, as I have a HUGE performance anxiety. But I was also excited. I thought it would be just a one time thing, but about a month ago, our music minister asked me to play again! My heart leaped for joy! I thought, 'maybe I did a good job after all'!

And so it began. That night, after church, my music minister asked if I would be willing to play in the praise team, every Sunday. I joyfully agreed, and two weeks ago was my first full time Sunday. Never did I think I would need a flute stand, but last week I bought one.. It makes me feel like a professional. A musician again. It brings unspeakable joy to my soul by playing praises to my God and King.

It was very comical, even my music minister had no idea flutes could have stands, and they were all amazed when I showed up yesterday to church with my newly purchased stand.


Again, it makes me feel professional. And I have a great time playing in the praise band at my church! To God be the glory for his infinite blessings!!




1 comment:

  1. :) I love that you are getting to play! What church are you going to?

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!